What is an MSP?
A Managed Service Provider (MSP) is an outsourced agency hired to manage the contingent workforce in its entirety. The MSP acts as an interface between the facility and other third-party suppliers creating a single point of contact, single contract, and consistent streamlined processes.
In this model the MSP finds, procures, and credentials the workforce before they reach the facility, eliminating the time-consuming burden of talent acquisition and compliance for the facility’s administrative staff.
Utilizing an MSP means purchasing an all-inclusive service designed to protect your most valuable commodity, your time.
What are the benefits of having an MSP?
To put it simply, an MSP model improves operational efficiencies and is a highly effective approach to managing staffing needs. An MSP oversees the operational demands of procuring qualified contingent labor while the client just chooses their desired candidate.
The MSP model provides several unique benefits including:
- Outsourced contingent workforce management.
- Consistent pricing.
- The ability to consolidate vendors under one network.
- Improved operational efficiencies with a single point of contact.
- Growth opportunities within a national network.
- Dedicated professionals who are trained to help source and place qualified candidates.
Does your facility need an MSP?
Here are a few questions you should ask to determine if your facility needs a Managed Service Provider (MSP):
- Are we meeting employment regulations?
- Do we have a credentialing program in place to ensure quality candidates?
- Am I calling multiple agencies to fill needs at the bedside and need one point of contact to streamline my current process?
- Do I have a plan in place for holiday time-off requests, maternity leaves, and other staffing challenges at my facility?
- Is my unit not able to provide the best care possible due to being severely understaffed?
At Davin Healthcare Workforce Solutions, we provide innovative solutions in our approach to the MSP platform. Being a nurse-owned and nurse-operated organization, finding top-quality staff at the bedside is top priority for a successful assignment. To learn more about how we can help, reach out to our clinical experts at the form below.